My Personal Opinion on The Darkest Hour (2011) Film

The Darkest Hour is a 2011 science fiction action film directed by Chris Gorak from a screenplay by Jon Spaihts and produced by Timur Bekmambetov. It depicts an alien invasion. The film stars Emile Hirsch, Max Minghella, Olivia Thirlby, Rachael Taylor, and Joel Kinnaman as a group of people caught in the invasion. The film was released on December 25, 2011 in the United States. Though it was a critical failure, it was a financial success.


Synopsis

Two Americans, Ben and Sean (Max Minghella and Emile Hirsch) travel to Moscow to sell their social networking/party locating software. As they approach the airport, their plane short circuits due to an electrical storm, but regains power. After arriving, they find their Swedish business partner, Skyler (Joel Kinnaman), has betrayed them and already made a deal with the Russians, using a knockoff application. They go to a nightclub and meet Natalie (Olivia Thirlby), an American, and her Australian friend Anne (Rachael Taylor). The lights go out in the club and everyone heads outside. There, they witness what appears to be an aurora. Balls of light fall from the sky and then fade away. When a policeman investigates, he is quickly disintegrated. The invisible entities begin hunting and killing people, sending them into a panic.



Well, from my perspective this film doesn't describe the aspect of science-fiction film especially on alien.

When I watch this film, I feel like I'm watching a zombie survival movie but it's in alien version.

I dare to say this film was purely made for entertain purpose and I couldn't find which side of this film proves that what will alien do first if they reach the earth in real life instead of search for it's mineral and destroy everything.

I don't know how to say but the entire plot of this film is very boring. The plot is too predictable. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Personal Opinion on They Live (1988) Film